Thursday, November 29, 2012

GIVING THANKS, EVERY DAY

A week ago, around this time, you were probably relaxing in front of the TV, watching a football game or some holiday program while talking to members of your family. Hours before that, you were probably feasting on turkey, stuffing, green beans, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, rolls, and whatever else you prepared. Before you started to dine on that fabulous meal, you probably said a prayer. Your prayer probably included all the many things you were thankful for. If you did say a prayer before your Thanksgiving meal, I have no doubt that it was one of sincere gratitude. I do have a question, though. Have you prayed a similar prayer, giving thanks to God for all that you have, all that you are, and all that you aspire to become. Are you any more blessed on that special Thursday in late November than you are any other day of the calendar year? I know I’m not. And since I’m not, I make it point to pray with the deepest gratitude for everything I’m so very blessed to have. Even if I’m experiencing problems or setbacks, I’m incredibly blessed to be able to have the opportunity to resolve them. So in a sense, every single day, except for all the food, is like Thanksgiving to me. How about for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment